Posted on: 12 October 2017
If you are not getting a cable signal on your TV, it can be quite frustrating. After all, this may be the only way in which you use your TV, so this means you are left to watching nothing. Here are five steps to take in this situation:
- Check that the TV is On: This situation may call for a simple fix, which may be just to turn the TV on. If it still won't turn on with the basic power button, it could be that the power is out and you need to go to the fuse box or it may be that the cord is slightly unplugged or has been unplugged for whatever reason. It could also be that there is damage to the cable wire, so be sure that you check this. You will need to have it replaced by professionals who work in TV repair.
- Replace the Remote Batteries: The next issue could be that the remote needs new batteries. You might not be getting a signal because when you use the remote to change the input, nothing is happening. To test this, turn the TV on and off by using the power button on the remote. If it's working, then you know the problem isn't here.
- Double Check the Input: If the remote is working, be sure to double check that you are on the right input. You won't get a signal from the cable if it's not on the correct input that takes the power source from the cable wire.
- Check the Connectors: Be sure to check all the connecting points between the TV and the cable box. These connectors should be in the correct position and it should be tightly fitted. You can also redo this yourself to double check. You should also read the instruction manual that came with your cable box or TV to be sure that the cords are in the right place.
- Call the Professionals: The first professionals to call would be the cable company that you have cable through. There's a chance that they could be having a problem with the signal in your area. If not, then you need to call the TV repair professionals to come and make an inspection. In some cases, they may be able to help you over the phone so that you can get it resolved as quickly as possible.
When you take these five steps, you can be sure that you are getting closer to resolving the issue on your own before having to wait for someone to come out to your home. Contact a service that provides TV repair in your area for more information.Share